Vision + Initiatives
- CCC Purpose, Mission, Core Themes and Code of Ethics
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- Guided Pathways
- Highlights and Rankings
- Institutional Research
- Bond Initiatives
- Accreditation + Policies
- Job Opportunities
- Contact Us
CCC Offers Ireland Study Abroad Experience
OREGON CITY - This fall, Clackamas Community College is offering a study abroad trip to Ireland. Students and community members who take one of three classes will end the term with a trip Dec. 6-18, where they will learn about Irish history, ancient Celtic stories, Viking invasions, the Great Irish Famine and Irish emigration to the United States.
On the trip, students will discover the importance of Ireland's borders in Brexit negotiations and see the Book of Kells at Trinity College in Dublin. They will also visit the O'Donnell Castle and Abbey in Donegal, hike the Sliabh Liag Cliffs, visit Yeats Country in and around Sligo, tour the Bloody Sunday Museum and Bogside Murals in Derry, and shop the Belfast Christmas markets.
Below is a list of available classes:
- Introduction to Intercultural Communication (COMM-140-01), 4 credits. For more information, contact Kerrie Hughes at firstname.lastname@example.org or 503-594-3155.
- Appreciation of Theatre (TA-101-01), 4 credits. For more information, contact James Eikrem at email@example.com or 503-594-3157.
- Introduction to Writing Creatively (WR-140-01), 4 credits. For more information, contact Sue Mach at firstname.lastname@example.org or 503-594-3262.
Community members can participate in the study abroad experience without earning credit by registering through community education at www.clackamas.edu/workshops. Click on "Cougar Trax" select "Community Education," search "Ireland Workshop" and register.
Cost of the trip is $3,300, which includes airfare, accommodations, passport, course fee, most meals, course-related excursions and travel insurance. CCC tuition is separate from the price of the trip, but all financial aid applies for study abroad classes. Some additional small fees may apply.