- Find Your Focus
- Courses + Registration
- Degrees and Certificates
- GED & Adult Programs
- Community Education
- High School Connections
- Academic Calendar
- Skills Development + Training
- Academic Support
- Testing and Placement Services
English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL)
Clackamas Community College offers English language classes. We can help you read, write and speak English, so you can reach your educational, professional and personal goals. We can even help you get ready to take college classes. Learning English can help you get a job, get a better job or advance to a higher-paying position.
All ESOL classes are online. Apply to the ESOL program today!
Follow these steps to get started!
- Call the ESOL office at 503-594-6048 to schedule an appointment.
- Apply online. After you apply, check your personal email. Follow the email instructions and set up your myClackamas account.
- Main Office | 503-594-6048 | GEDandESL@clackamas.edu
- Nena (for Spanish) | 503-594-3234 | email@example.com
- Yasmine (for Spanish) | 503-594-0637 | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Eda (for Russian) | 503-594-1674 | email@example.com
- Morning classes offered Monday-Friday, 9 a.m.-2 p.m.
- Evening classes offered Monday-Thursday, 6-9 p.m.
Student services are available remotely Monday-Thursday during summer term. The college is closed Fridays through September 4. Contact the service area for specific hours. Visit the Coronavirus webpage for contact information. The college is working on a re-opening plan which will be announced as information becomes available.
- Fall 2020 term begins Monday, Sept. 28, 2020
- Winter 2021 Term begins on Monday, Jan. 4, 2021
- Spring 2021 Term begins on Monday, March 29, 2021
What you will learn at CCC
- Reading, writing, listening, speaking, grammar
- Skill-building: vocabulary, spelling, basic computers
- How to prepare for citizenship
- We can also provide financial help and job training through Workforce
- English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) classes are for residents (immigrants, refugees, permanent residents and U.S. citizens) who want to improve their English skills for educational, work and personal goals.
- We offer classes from beginning to advanced.
- Fees vary between $30 and $60 per class for a term.
- ESOL classes are non-credit.
- Students must be at least 16 years old.
Program for Intensive English for International Students (PIE)
The Program for Intensive English serves international students. Clackamas Community College is approved by the Department of Homeland Security to accept qualified students from other countries.
View our International Student Application.
The Program for Intensive English also serves tourists and other international visitors seeking to improve their English skills.
Are you interested in tutoring ESOL students?
"My experience at CCC was wonderful. I learned a lot about myself and what I'm capable of doing if I try. I got moral support from the faculty. They understood that there was a tough journey ahead for me and helped me overcome the language barrier in a lot of the classes."
- Eusebio Mellin Pelaez
CCC Alum, AAS Horticulture and Landscape Management