- Plan a Visit
- Getting Started
- Apply Now
- Tuition + Fees
- Financial Aid + Scholarships
Financial Aid + Scholarships
Financial aid is available to help you achieve your educational goals. The CCC Financial Aid Office provides access to grants, scholarships, work-study and loans to help pay for school. You must fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) each year you attend college to qualify to receive financial aid. The FAFSA is available starting Oct. 1 each year and must be completed annually.
Visit FAFSA to apply. June 22 is the recommended deadline to complete your FAFSA and have all required documents in for Fall 2020. For help filling out your Application, visit the Financial Aid Resource Lab.
The scholarship application for the 2021-22 academic year is open starting Jan. 30 through Nov. 1. There are two scholarship deadlines: April 25 and Nov. 1.
The FAFSA application process
- Apply for admission to CCC
- Complete the FAFSA online and list the CCC School code for CCC (004878).
- Log in to your email through myClackamas. Check your email weekly for requests for information from the financial aid office. Go to Self-Service Financial Aid to review Required Document and the status of your financial aid file.
- It may take up to four weeks to review your file and during this review, additional documentation may be requested from you.
- An email will be sent to your myClackamas email address when your award letter is available for you to view. You will need to accept or reject each type of financial aid.
- If you have accepted any Direct Loans, complete a Master Promissory Note (MPN) and entrance loan counseling online at Student Loans.
Recommended financial aid deadlines
To ensure your financial aid is ready at the start of the term, we advise that you file your FAFSA and submit all requested documents to the Financial Aid Office as soon as possible, but no later than the recommended deadlines. You may submit your materials after these deadlines, but you will be responsible for your bill until your financial aid offer can be prepared.
Eligibility requirements for financial aid:
To be eligible for federal financial aid, a student must:
- Be a U.S. citizen or an eligible non-citizen
- Have a valid Social Security Number (except for applicants from Micronesia, Marshall Islands and Palau)
- Be enrolled as a regular student in an eligible degree or certificate program
- Maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress
- Not be in default on a federal student loan nor owe a repayment on a federal student grant
- Have a high school diploma, GED certificate or have completed a high school education in a homeschool setting
- Be registered with Selective Service if you are a male and are between the ages of 18 and 25
- Be enrolled at least half-time (6 credits) to be eligible for Direct Loan Program Funds
Residents of Oregon who do not qualify for federal financial aid may be eligible for Oregon State financial aid programs. For more information or to apply, visit the Office of Student Access and Completion.
How do you access your financial aid?
After applying to CCC, a student account is set up for you with the Accounts Receivable Office. When you register, the tuition and fees for your classes are charged to your student account. Financial aid is disbursed at the beginning of the third week of each term. Your financial aid offer is based on the degree eligible credits you are registered for on the Sunday of the second week of the term (the Census Date) by the end of the day (11:59 p.m.) Financial aid disbursements occur weekly beginning the third week of each term.
|Term||Start Date||Census Date at 11:59 p.m.||Financial Aid Disbursement Start Date*||Refund Date|
|Summer||June 22, 2020||July 5, 2020||July 6, 2020||July 9, 2020|
|Fall||Sept. 28, 2020||Oct. 11, 2020||Oct. 12, 2020||Oct. 16, 2020|
|Winter||Jan. 4, 2021||Jan. 17, 2021||Jan. 19, 2021||Jan. 22, 2021|
|Spring||March 29, 2021||April 11, 2021||April 12, 2021||April 16, 2021|
*First-day financial aid disbursement process can begin. Federal regulations allow three business days to complete this process. The process will continue weekly thereafter for the remainder of the term.
To be eligible for financial aid disbursement you must:
- Have completed your FAFSA/ORSAA application
- Have accepted your financial aid offer online
- For Direct Loans:
- Have completed entrance counseling
- Have a valid Master Promissory Note (MPN) on file
- Be registered for six (6) or more college credits
If your financial aid is more than the amount of your tuition and fees, Accounts Receivable will send the excess amount to you in the form of a check or direct deposit. Excess financial aid funds are sent out on the last business day of the week. For fall, winter and spring terms, refunds are sent out on Fridays. For summer term, the refunds are sent out on Thursdays. You can sign up to receive the excess funds via direct deposit, otherwise a check will be mailed to the address you have on file with the college.
The Financial Aid Office will disburse once weekly throughout the term and refund checks or direct deposit refunds will be made the last business day of the week in which the funds are disbursed on your account.
Census Date Policy FAQ
Census Date Policy FAQ regarding Bookstore charges
CCC buildings are currently closed to the public. For assistance, contact the service area by phone or email. A complete list of student service areas, and timely updates about our efforts to limit the spread of COVID-19, can be found at www.clackamas.edu/return-to-campus.
Oregon City Virtual Hours
- Virtual office hours: 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Live phone hours: 10 a.m.-2 p.m.
Financial Aid Resource Lab Virtual Drop-in hours (Zoom)
- Monday-Wednesday: 11 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Thursday: 11 a.m.-2 p.m.
- Friday: 11 a.m.-1 p.m.