- Plan a Visit
- Getting Started
- Apply Now
- Tuition + Fees
- Financial Aid + Scholarships
Educational Tax Credits (1098-T)
Did you know that you may be eligible for tax credits for the courses you take at CCC? The 1098-T form is used by eligible colleges and universities to report information about their US resident students to the IRS. CCC reports certain enrollment information and identifying information about US resident students who attend during the tax year. Included in the 1098-T are payments, grants and scholarships that applied to qualified charges.
CCC is not required to provide 1098-T forms to students who are non-US residents. If you plan to claim an educational tax credit, your social security number is required. Failure to provide this information may result in a $100 fine assessed to you by the IRS.
Viewing your 1098-T
If you enrolled in credit courses from Jan. 1 - Dec. 31 during the previous year, you can access the 1098-T form by going to TSC 1098-T's website. To consent to an electronic copy of the 1098-T, you will need to follow the instructions below.
- Enter in the Site ID: 11429
- User Name: Your Student ID Number
- Password: Last 4 digits of your SSN (note: If you retrieved a 1098T tuition statement from a previous year on this website, then your password would be whatever you set it up to be. If you forgot your password, click on, "Forgot Password.")
- For security reasons, you will then be prompted to change your password
- Read the Online Consent Form for the requirements and specifications. If you agree, click on "Consent"
Important: You may not be eligible for the fees reported, depending on your individual tax situation. CCC does not report other expenses that may be eligible for tax purposes, such as books and other required supplies. To determine which fees you may be eligible for, please consult a tax advisor or review IRS Publication 970.