Theatre Arts at Clackamas Community College
CCC’s Theatre Arts classes are a great way to build skills for any career as well as in the performing arts. In the state-of-the art Niemeyer Center, you will get world class education in everything from acting and directing to technical theater and design.
Credit for Theatre Arts courses can be applied to an AAOT degree, which counts as the first two years of a Bachelor’s Degree at four year state colleges and universities.
In addition to gaining professional and life skills, many alumni of the program work in the thriving theatre environment of the greater Portland area and beyond as actors and technicians. A unique partnership with Clackamas Repertory Theatre offers students opportunities to step into the professional world by working for Clackamas County’s award-winning summer theatre-in-residence.
For more information about plays at CCC, visit our performance page.
Opportunities for CCC theater students
- Three main stage productions each academic year
- Technical theatre and costuming courses
- Attend local professional productions through theatre appreciation course
- Direct or act in student-directed, one-act plays
- Perform in stand-up comedy or CCC’s improvisation troupe
- Opportunities to participate in Clackamas Repertory Theatre
- Scholarship awards
Why study theater at CCC?
- Our full-time faculty includes our award-winning Artistic Director, a graduate of New York University’s Graduate Acting Program, one of the top in the country. He is also certified in Fitzmaurice Voicework, which is recognized as cutting-edge vocal pedagogy for stage performers, musicians and speech therapists.
- Our full-time faculty includes our award-winning Resident Scenic and Lighting Designer/Technical Director. He is recognized as one of the most sought-after designers in the Portland area.
- Our program offers an artist-in-residence program, which is a part-time position that provides program support and mentoring to current students.
- Theatre Arts credits count towards an AAOT degree.
- The award-winning Niemeyer Center is home to the beautiful Osterman Theatre, the Music Program, the Alexander Art Gallery and one of the finest sound studios in the Northwest.